Whether you’re a student wanting to break into advertising or you’re already in the industry, it’s important to stay in the loop. The Perth Advertising and Design Club (PADC) is a great way to do so, with regular events that can help you stay connected with everyone in our tightknit industry. If you’re not already a member of the PADC, here are a few good reasons why you should be.
1. You get all your money back! It only costs $65 to become a member, which is taken off the cost of your ticket to the annual PADC Skulls awards night (one of the best nights of the year in advertising).
2. You get your work seen. When you’re a member, it helps to put your name out there in awards shows like the Skulls and the Diamond Skulls. Show everyone in the world, from to international to CDs to your local Perth cohorts, how awesome you are.
3. It’s not just for creatives. This club welcomes all members, including creatives, designers, account service, producers, planners, photographers, students, and everyone else in between! Support your local club and get recognised for creating excellent work. Imagine your name on one of those awesome awards.
4. Your name also appears on the new PADC Member Directory. So, when agencies want to search for new employees, your name will be there for them to find you.
5. You get discounted entry prices to a range of events, including events hosted by the Australian Graphic Design Association (AGDA).
6. You get to hang out with us at Commune throughout the year. These events are free and often involve catching up with industry folk over a beer or two. By signing up as a member you’ll be the first to hear about exciting events, like these ones.
7. Finally, the 2019 PADC Skulls call for entries closes on the 23rd of August. It’s cheaper to enter if you’re a member, so you’re keen to join, sign up today!